|Medical Billing Company located in the Spring, TX region is seeking qualified individuals for employment opportunities. Interested applicants must have a proven history of successful Ambulance Billing and Coding experience, and must be able to work independently to meet goals and deadlines. Respond Billing, ESO Billing experience and CAC certification preferred.
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Billing Specialist performs a wide variety of duties such as processing claims in a timely manner using data provided, organize medical records, account reviews, follow up by phone or email to insurance companies or patients, and making any corrections needed regarding claims. This is completed while upholding both the company standards and federal guidelines.
- Create, review, and complete billing documents by using dates provided on patient care reports, physician medical necessity forms and hospital face sheets.
- Obtain additional information from clients when needed, such as HIPAA forms, pre-authorizations from insurance companies, and physician medical necessity forms in order to submit third party claims.
- Responsible for working an average of 10-15 accounts per hour.
- Responsible for properly notating accounts reviewed, and attaching necessary documentation within the system.
- Calling patients, facilities, insurances, and attorneys as needed to research claims.
- Verify patients insurance information utilizing various resources such as websites, telephone IVR’s and provider relation CSR’s.
- Review and submit finalized rejections stemming from electronic billing and the correction and resubmitting of the same.
- Review denials making adjustments and/or corrections in order to resubmit claims for payment.
- File appeals when necessary in order to have a denial decision reversed.
- Generate and follow up on self-pay bills to patients for that portion of the bill not covered by third-party insurance.
- Maintain workflow to keep aging accounts at a minimum by following up on unpaid claims on a daily basis.
- Follow up on accounts that have reached collections to ensure that they have been fully worked before turning them over to a collection agency.
- Process all insurance claim forms in accordance with Federal and State laws as well as departmental procedures.
- Respond to all patient inquiries related to billing.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to bill a minimum of 60 pre-billed claims per day
- Must be able to type 50 wpm
- Proficient use of Internet Explorer and ability to navigate websites in multiple windows
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office
- Customer Service oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced working environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy in execution
- Must display sufficient written and oral communication skills
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Transportation Billing and Coding Experience a must
- Respond Billing experience strongly recommended
- ESO Billing experience strongly recommended
- CAC Certification preferred
- Occasional reaching (arms extended), bending/stooping, and grasping/holding with hands
- Frequent speaking
- Constant sitting, using hands for repetitive movements, seeing, and hearing
The above duties and responsibilities designated as essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodations. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently.
Interested candidates may submit their resume to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: All applicants must have Medical Transportation Billing experience to be considered.
Koronis Revenue Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities; and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Ambulance Billing and Coding: 2 years